Chinese Titanium Dioxide Market Remained Steady This Week (Nov 9-15, 2018)
The Chinese rutile titanium dioxide market remained largely stable this week. Some prices were adjusted flexibly. Prices of raw materials were unchanged and most players showed a wait-and-see attitude. Up to November 15, 2018, mainstream negotiation prices were in the range of RMB 15,000-17,500/mt. The average price was RMB 16,492/mt, unchanged from last week. Some producers in Shandong reduced the production by 50%, but the influence on the market was limited. The downstream demand was flat and the overall sentiments were bearish.
The anatase titanium dioxide market moved marginally. Up to November 15, 2018, mainstream negotiation prices were in the range of RMB 13,000-14,500/mt. The average price was RMB 13,867/mt, unchanged from last week. The supply was stable while the demand remained tepid. Players operated cautiously.
A few producers in North China cut down their productions, but the impact on the market is small. The downstream demand is flat and the export market is fairish. Given the poor demand, players are bearish about the coming market. Negotiation prices are expected to be stable.
Disclaimer: Echemi reserves the right of final explanation and revision for all the information.
- Showa Denko expands titanium oxide nanoparticles capacity
- Chinese Titanium Dioxide Market Inched Down This Week (Jun 22-28, 2018)
- Chinese Titanium Dioxide Export Market Performed Well
- The Chinese Titanium Dioxide Market Inched Down in May 2018
- Chinese Titanium Dioxide Market Largely Stable This Week (May 25-31, 2018)