Iran Plans to Set up an Oil Company with Azerbaijan
Recently, Amir Zamaninia, Deputy Minister of Trade and International Affairs of the Iranian Ministry of Petroleum, said that Azerbaijan and Iran will set up an oil company to carry out oil and gas exploration and production in the Caspian Sea. It is understood that Iran and Azerbaijan have had cooperation in oil and gas exploration and development previously. National Iranian Oil Company has a 10% stake in the Shakhenis project in Azerbaijan. Up to now, Iran has invested about 3 billion U.S. dollars in the oil and gas industries in Azerbaijan.
Disclaimer: Echemi reserves the right of final explanation and revision for all the information.
- Oil product flows to West Africa 1.19 mil mt so far in Dec: cFlow
- NYMEX January natural gas jumps on long-term weather forecast, strong demand
- NYMEX December natural gas rolls off board 45.3 cents higher on production slide
- CIMAP signs pact with RIFM to standardise fragrance oils
- Iran seeks China talks over South Pars gas field future